DIESEL - THE FACTS
- Our diesels offer more torque. Its power is ideal for motorway driving, conquering off-road terrain and towing.
If you are driving 12,000 miles a year or more, a diesel is likely to be the most cost-effective choice. The higher energy density of the fuel and the way energy is released during combustion, means diesel can offer a greater return on mileage.
Reduced CO2 emissions
- Land Rover's latest diesel engines are EU6 compliant; their pollutant emissions are comparable to petrol engines, but with CO2 emissions that are 20-25% lower.
- Since 2006, Land Rover diesel vehicles have been fitted with particulate filters and catalytic converters, removing 99% of all particulates from the exhaust.
- Since 2002, buyers choosing diesel have saved almost
3 million tonnes of CO2 from going into the atmosphere
Reduced NOx emissions
- All our diesel vehicles employ Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
to eliminate up to 92% of nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions from
Our Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system features exhaust after-treatment solution (e.g. Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) or AdBlue) to chemically convert NOx into harmless nitrogen (N2) and water (H20).
PETROL - THE FACTS
- Our petrols offer superb performance and a dynamic, more agile drive. This LT]akes petrol an ideal choice for cars navigating urban streets and high performance cars.
- Petrol cars are slightly less expensive than their equivalent
They are more suitable for driving shorter distances.
Improved fuel efficiency
- Land Rover's latest petrol engines are EU6 compliant.
Land Rover's latest lngenium petrol engines are 25% more powerful and offer fuel consumption improvements of up to 15% versus their predecessors.
- Our lngenium petrol engines feature electrohydraulic control of the inlet valves. This cutting-edge technology enables variable valve lift, so load control is managed primarily by the intake valves rather than the throttle. This reduces pumping losses and provides unmatched flexibility and control over airflow into the combustion chambers, improving power and torque while increasing fuel efficiency and reducing emissions.
- Our high power lngenium petrol engine (240HP) replaces traditional journal bearings in favour of turbo ball bearing cartridges. This provides significant performance improvements to the turbocharger, including transient response and better efficiency.