- Your agreement is a fixed term [insert term here e.g. 1,2,3,4 year] lease agreement (with/without maintenance delete as necessary).
- Your agreement confirms the agreed annual mileage allowance. If you exceed the agreed mileage when the vehicle is returned, then you will incur an excess mileage charge for each additional mile covered. If the vehicle is returned earlier than required by your agreement, then you will only be entitled to the pro-rata mileage allowance.
- You must look after the leased vehicle in accordance with the lease agreement and ensure it is maintained to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- The leased vehicle comes with a [insert period/mileage restriction here] manufacturer’s warranty. To avoid invalidating the warranty or incur additional costs the vehicle must be serviced and maintained strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Road tax is included for the full duration of the lease term at the published rate on the day the contract is signed. Subsequent road tax increases will be separately charged or road tax is included for the first year of the lease term. (delete as necessary)
- You are responsible for ensuring the vehicle is covered by comprehensive motor insurance until it is returned to the leasing company. You should inform your motor insurance company that the vehicle is subject to a lease and that your leasing company is the legal owner.
- The vehicle will not be automatically collected by the leasing company at the end of the lease term. To arrange a suitable collection date and time, you are advised to contact the leasing company at least 7 days before the lease expires. Rental payments must be paid until the vehicle is collected.
- Leased vehicles being returned to the leasing company must be presented in a condition which complies, as a minimum, with BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear guidelines. Failing to do so will result in charges being applied.
- The following are just some examples of the items which must be returned with the vehicle:
- service history/stamped service booklet
- all keys/fobs including spares and codes
- locking wheel nuts
- spare wheel/spacesaver/inflation canister
The information contained within this document is for information purposes and does not form part of your contractual agreement, or replace any of your obligations under that agreement. It does not constitute legal advice, and you should seek independent legal advice from a Solicitor or Citizens Advice Bureau if you are unclear on any of the Terms of the agreement.